Meet Adam Spark-Hall
I feel it’s only right that you should know a bit more about me before cordially inviting me to film your wedding; so here goes:
- I’m 31 years old, currently residing in a lovely coach house with my girlfriend just outside of Letchworth. My sister lives in Canada and my parents live with our dog Dippa in France. Travelling really is in the genes!
- In 2017 I sold the home I owned in Hitchin to travel the world alone for 9 months, visiting 11 different countries. This was my first real opportunity to indulge my love of filmmaking and experiment with the latest in video technology. I didn’t want to forget a single moment of these life changing experiences, so documented the entire thing via video.
- Minimalism is something I’m very keen on. I allow my true passions to take prevalence in my space and life. In other words, my entire belongings could fit into a reasonably sized suitcase.
- Before I filmed weddings I used to sell bubblewrap and cardboard boxes for a living for the family business – quite the contrast, I know!
- You will find me at my happiest when travelling or simply sat in a beer garden on a summer’s day with my friends.
my approach to filming
As you’ve probably guessed, my approach to filming is minimal and authentic.
I like to be as discreet as possible. The last thing you and your guests want on your wedding day is to feel intimidated by an intrusive camera rig, accompanied by a fluffy microphone and the glare of a bedazzling light shining in your face.
As such, I film the majority of the day hand-held with a small Sony camera (see picture – yep, that’s it!). In doing this, I can blend into the day without disturbing the romantic environment so carefully designed by you. I also find that this inconspicuous approach puts people most at ease upon being filmed, allowing me to capture candid, spontaneous emotions and moments. I can focus all of my attention into the nuances of your day, without having to operate complicated camera gimbals.
I also use tiny clip on microphones which ensure you the best audio quality of your vows during the ceremony, and of the speeches later on, promising that not a single joke or anecdote is missed.