Meet Adam Spark-Hall
I feel it’s only right that you should know a bit more about me before cordially inviting me to film your wedding; so here goes:
- I’m 31 years old, currently residing in a beautiful, quaint village in Hertfordshire with my brother. My sister lives in Canada and my parents live with our dog Dippa in France. Travelling really is in the genes!
- In 2017 I sold the home I owned in Hitchin to travel the world alone for 9 months, visiting 11 different countries. This was my first real opportunity to indulge my love of filmmaking and experiment with the latest in video technology. I didn’t want to forget a single moment of these life changing experiences, so documented the entire thing via video.
- Minimalism is something I’m very keen on. I allow my true passions to take prevalence in my space and life. In other words, my entire belongings could fit into a reasonably sized suitcase.
- Before I filmed weddings I used to sell bubblewrap and cardboard boxes for a living for the family business – quite the contrast, I know!
- You will find me at my happiest when travelling or simply sat in a beer garden on a summer’s day with my friends.
my approach to filming
As you’ve probably guessed, my approach to filming is minimal and authentic.
I like to be as discreet as possible. The last thing you and your guests want on your wedding day is to feel intimidated by an intrusive camera rig, accompanied by a fluffy microphone and the glare of a bedazzling light shining in your face.
As such, I film the majority of the day hand-held with a small Sony camera (see picture – yep, that’s it!). In doing this, I can blend into the day without disturbing the romantic environment so carefully designed by you. I also find that this inconspicuous approach puts people most at ease upon being filmed, allowing me to capture candid, spontaneous emotions and moments. I can focus all of my attention into the nuances of your day, without having to operate complicated camera gimbals.
I also use tiny clip on microphones which ensure you the best audio quality of your vows during the ceremony, and of the speeches later on, promising that not a single joke or anecdote is missed.